Sunday, May 5, 2013

Greetings from Paris!

Day One:
Sunday, May 5th

Well, I made it safe and sound!  After a 10 hour plane ride, getting yelled at in customs, and a crazy trip in a taxi van, I arrived in Paris.  I'm so excited about this program!  All the girls are so sweet and I can't wait to get to know them more and go crazy in France with them.  The first thing we all did after dropping off our bags at the hotel and checking in with our directors was to see the Eiffel Tower!






It was so, so wonderful!  The Eiffel Tower never disappoints.  We also saw Notre Dame and wandered around that area.  There was one place I discovered called the Pont des Arts, also known as the lover's bridge.  On this bridge, two sweethearts attach padlocks onto the chain link fence and then toss the keys into the Seine river.  This is a symbol of eternal love...basically locking your souls together. The love padlocks are called "cadenas d'amour."   There are hundreds of them lining every inch of the bridge.  Here's a picture I took of it: 



I thought it was the most adorable thing ever!  Walking along this bridge while an old French man played "La Vie en Rose" on his guitar made me want to be in love.  I can see why romance is so closely tied to Paris.  Even if I'm currently single, at least I can fall madly, desperately, head-over-heels in love with this city.  

2 comments:

  1. Sierra that is soo much fun! I love the bridge with the padlocks! That is so cute! I'm so glad you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Sharai!!! I hope you're doing so well! I hear you've got a new job? I love you and miss you lots girl! Thanks for reading!

      Delete